Merchant Services Representative
Our Merchant Services team supports the growth of the Merchant Services portfolio through consultation calls and is responsible for having clients agree to apply for merchant accounts. We take a curious and consultative approach to engage and successfully convert client leads into merchant account applications. We aim to ensure our clients have the most efficient and cost effective products by asking questions to uncover their merchant processing needs. Learning about their unique business helps us to recommend viable solutions to drive their business growth.
This job is coded as “Flex” which means the company does not currently require this position to be performed in office.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Annual cost of living increase
- Annual review with raise option
- 22 days Paid Time Off
- After 3 years, PTO increases to 29 days. Employees transition to flexible time off after 5 years with the company—not accrued, not capped, take time off when you want.
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 4% company matching 401(k) with no vesting period
- Quarterly "Work Wherever" allowance
- Use to make your remote work wherever set up more comfortable, for continuing education classes, a plant for your desk, coffee for your coworker, a massage for yourself... really, whatever.
- Open concept office with friendly coworkers
- Creative environment where you can make a difference
- No dumb benefits like free dog walking on the weekends that snobby hipster places have to make you feel cool, but mathematically won't cost the company much money because you won't use it.
- Trail Mix Bar --- oh yeah.
- Placing outbound calls to clients for credit card processing consultations
- Consult with merchants to ensure they have the most efficient and cost effective products for their needs
- Use consultative sales approach to successfully convert client leads into merchant account applications with credit card processors we partner with
- Review merchant processing needs, recommend viable solutions, and drive merchant growth by having clients agree to apply for merchant accounts
- Provide superior customer service and relationship management as the department grows
- Communicate professionally with clients via phone and email
- Timely and professional follow up on pricing quotes.
- Have fun building something great!
- Help support other customer service groups as needed
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self motivated and quick learner
- Excellent customer service with the ability to listen critically
- Must have a strong work ethic and welcome coaching
- Knowledge of computers and the ability to navigate systems to gather information
- Strong verbal and written communication and problem solving and negotiation skills
- Comfortable calling customers and speaking on the phone
- Technical aptitude with the ability to learn how point of sale systems and credit card terminals work
- Merchant services or banking experience helpful, but not required
Why you might like this job:
You understand the importance of providing stellar customer service and growing relationships with value added services. You are solution oriented and like the process of asking all the right questions to ensure you are making the best possible suggestion for our clients, especially if it requires your to do some negotiating to help them reach their goals! You may not have a ton of experience in banking or the world of payment processing, but you have the will and desire to learn and join Corporate Tools as we expand our services in this growing industry.