Human Resources Generalist
Corporate Tools in Post Falls, Idaho is adding another Human Resources Generalist to our team. But not just any HR Generalist, more of an HR rebel. For you, common sense rules over unnecessary processes and policies. We do what makes sense, while being legally compliant, but not getting tangled up in the corporate HR mumbo jumbo. What exactly is HR mumbo jumbo? How about those 500 page employee manuals that outline every single rule for every single possible situation that could occur. Yeah, that’s not us. HR rebels… read on.
This position is coded as “Hybrid” which means after initial training and on-boarding which will take place in office, occasional remote work is available. However, this role will be expected to continue to work in our Post Falls, Idaho office 2-3 days/week.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Annual cost of living increase
- Annual review with raise option
- 22 days Paid Time Off
- After 3 years, PTO increases to 29 days. Employees transition to flexible time off after 5 years with the company—not accrued, not capped, take time off when you want.
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 4% company matching 401(k) with no vesting period
- Quarterly "Work Wherever" allowance
- Use to make your remote work wherever set up more comfortable, for continuing education classes, a plant for your desk, coffee for your coworker, a massage for yourself... really, whatever.
- Creative environment where you can make a difference
- No dumb benefits like free dog walking on the weekends that snobby hipster places have to make you feel cool, but mathematically won't cost the company much money because you won't use it.
- Trail Mix Bar --- oh yeah.
- Primary focus is our employees. Connect and collaborate daily with employees both remote and in-person. Be a resource and an advocate.
- Create and update internal documents to better align with current operations
- Collaborate with HR colleagues, leadership and external vendors to maintain and improve processes
- Handle employment-related inquiries from employees, candidates, leadership and external personnel
- Lead new hire on-boarding by administering paperwork, conducting training and collecting employment documents and other information as needed
- Manage employee information through physical and digital files
- Stay up-to-date with federal, state and local employment laws and recommend best practices as they relate to policies and procedures
- Provide support to employees and leadership in various HR-related topics such as leaves, performance management, conflict resolution and other situations as they arise
- Work on special projects related to benefit offerings, compliance and other areas
- Champion the culture of the company - ensuring that their unique voices, perspectives, and challenges are heard
- 10+ years of progressive human resources experience
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred
- Knowledge and experience in compensation strategies and practices, organization assessment, planning, design and development
- Proven track record of operating independently, embracing ambiguity, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience building relationships with employees, managers and stakeholders to collaborate across multiple teams in multiple locations.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience establishing programs and leading them end-to-end while scaling for growth
- Secondary degree in Human Resources Management, Communications, Business or other preferred but not required
- A master multi-tasker and enjoy wearing all the HR hats.
- Flexible and able to pivot wildly
- Any position that is required to work in office regularly or on occasion must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for the job unless state law prohibits employers from requiring vaccines
Why you might like this job:
You’re a strategic HR Generalist that enjoys thinking big picture while connecting it to the day to day variety of duties coming at you. You function well in a busy environment that varies from operational HR to meaty, interesting projects. As we grow we recognize what worked for us last year may not work well for us this year. You’ll need to have the ability to evolve not just yourself, but the way we do things, for better efficiency, compliance and productivity. You want to work for a company that puts employees first and operates in a “do what makes sense” mentality to make your job more enjoyable and less like policing.