The Desktop Support position is a crucial part of our team and will be the first point of contact for incoming questions and issues related to our computers and their systems. This person will also troubleshoot problem areas for our in-office staff, and our remote staff in a timely and accurate fashion to provide end-user resolution. This position is coded as “Office-Only” which means all work must be performed in our Post Falls, Idaho office. This is a Monday – Friday, day shift position.
$20 an hour
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Annual cost of living increase
- Annual review with raise option
- 22 days Paid Time Off
- After 3 years, PTO increases to 29 days. Employees transition to flexible time off after 5 years with the company—not accrued, not capped, take time off when you want.
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 4% company matching 401(k) with no vesting period
- Quarterly "Work Wherever" allowance
- Use to make your remote work wherever set up more comfortable, for continuing education classes, a plant for your desk, coffee for your coworker, a massage for yourself... really, whatever.
- Open concept office with friendly coworkers
- Creative environment where you can make a difference
- No dumb benefits like free dog walking on the weekends that snobby hipster places have to make you feel cool, but mathematically won't cost the company much money because you won't use it.
- Trail Mix Bar --- oh yeah.
- Provide end-user assistance for both in office and remote employees
- Troubleshoot technical problems, both software and hardware
- Setting up new employee equipment
- Tracking inventory
- Install, diagnose, repair, maintain, upgrade hardware and software systems
- Running cables
- Passion for IT
- Eager to learn, not afraid to ask questions
- High interpersonal skills, super personable
- Previous desktop support
- Highly organized
- Ability to communicate well verbally and written
- Previous experience with network devices preferred
- Linux experience preferred but not required
Why you might like this job:
You have a passion for the IT world and have been seeking an opportunity where you can learn more and advance your skills. You have a constant desire to learn and are eager to help others. You have patience with employees you support when they tell you (again) the printer isn’t working for them. It can be frustrating for employees when workstations aren’t working properly and you’re there to save the day and put a smile back on their face. You’ve worked somewhere before that wouldn’t teach you more than the basics and you’re searching for a team that will invest in you and your skills. Not to mention you get the chance to become an expert in the following: Linux and everything open source, VPNs, Networking, Scripting Languages, Printers with Linux, Assisting users with Linux, Automating Imaging, and did we mention Linux?