Technical Support Representative
Corporate Tools is looking to add more tech savvy people to our web services super team. In this role, you will be responsible for providing customer service and technical support to clients of our domain and web hosting branch of services. You will serve as a primary point of contact for clients, assisting them with inquiries, troubleshooting issues, and ensuring their satisfaction with our services. Your expertise and attention to detail will be crucial in delivering a seamless customer experience.
We’ve coded this job as “Flex,” which means that it can be performed remotely, providing flexibility for our team members. The shift is Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm and that is PST. If you are in a different time zone, you must adjust to this schedule.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Annual review with raise option
- 22 days Paid Time Off accrued annually, and 4 holidays
- After 3 years, PTO increases to 29 days. Employees transition to flexible time off after 5 years with the company—not accrued, not capped, take time off when you want
- The 4 holidays are: New Year’s Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 4% company matching 401(k) with no vesting period
- Quarterly "Work Wherever" allowance
- Use to make your remote work wherever set up more comfortable, for continuing education classes, a plant for your desk, coffee for your coworker, a massage for yourself... really, whatever
- Open concept office with friendly coworkers
- Creative environment where you can make a difference
- No dumb benefits like free dog walking on the weekends that snobby hipster places have to make you feel cool, but mathematically won't cost the company much money because you won't use it
- Trail Mix Bar --- oh yeah
- Act as the first point of contact for customers, assisting via phone, email, potentially chat, and who knows what other ways in the future.
- Address customer inquiries, concerns, and technical issues related to domains, web hosting, email, DNS, and other related services.
- Guide customers through the process of registering, transferring, and managing their domain names.
- Assist customers with website setup, domain configuration, and troubleshooting website-related issues.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including technical support and account management, to resolve complex customer issues and ensure timely resolution.
- Educate customers on best practices for domain management, DNS setup, and web hosting configurations.
- Maintain accurate customer records, update account information, and document all customer interactions in the CRM system.
- Identify opportunities to upsell or cross-sell additional products and services to customers based on their needs.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and advancements in domain and web hosting technologies.
- Other client support duties as needed.
- Strong empathy, ability to see challenges from the customer's point of view coupled with a passion to help.
- Knowledge or strong desire to learn domain registration, DNS management, web hosting concepts, and related protocols (e.g., HTTP, FTP, SMTP).
- Familiarity with popular content management systems (e.g., WordPress, Joomla) and website builders (e.g., Wix, Weebly).
- Proficiency or strong desire to learn to troubleshoot website-related issues, such as DNS configuration, SSL certificates, and email setup.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with a friendly and personalized approach.
- Technical aptitude and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and processes.
- Experience working with CRM systems and proficiency in using support tools and ticketing systems.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment, potentially including some temporary changes in set shift, occasional weekends, and occasional holidays.
- Strong attention to detail with a no-exception approach to protecting account privacy.
Why you might like this job:
You’re the kind of person who considers troubleshooting issues a thrilling adventure and believes in saving the day one satisfied client at a time. You picture yourself donning a virtual wizard hat while charming clients with your tech expertise. You understand every client has a different technical aptitude and enjoy the challenge to fix their problems. You are looking for a position that offers a perfect blend of customer interaction and technical challenges. You believe that call handle times do not make sense and you prefer a one call resolution for every client.