Legal Researcher - Technical Writer
Corporate Tools is hiring a Legal Researcher and Technical Writer. Our Legal Researchers monitor and keep up on all corporate acts and new regulations and rules that may affect what we do. Your job is to interpret these rules and regulations, interact with government officials to determine how they’ll be implemented, and then write technical papers for our internal use as well as helpful how-to guides for our clients.
$18 per hour
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Annual cost of living increase
- Annual review with 0-5% raise option
- 18 days Paid Time Off
- 4 paid holidays off of your choosing
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Direct Deposit
- Simple IRA with 3% retirement contribution match starts day 1
- Creative environment where you can make a difference
- No dumb benefits like free dog walking on the weekends that snobby hipster places have to make you feel cool, but mathematically won't cost the company much money because you won't use it.
- Trail Mix Bar --- oh yeah.
- Monitor new acts and legislation
- Maintain our internal processes as they pertain to corporate law
- Maintain our external help and guides we provide clients pertaining to corporate formalities
- Law Degree, paralegal certificate/degree, or technical writing degree or equivalent
- Communication Skills
- Technical writing experience
Why you might like this job:
You go to a website, you get an annoying cookie and terms acceptance box they want you to check, and you looked up why websites do that? You might have actually read the terms they want you to check, and then if you might REALLY like this job, you cross referenced it with the actual privacy regulations for that state the website is from. Oh. If that’s you… you’ll love this job.