As our Tax Accountant, after you learn how to use a giant sized purple calculator; you will hopefully skillfully maintain our local, state, federal, and world wide jurisdictions tax payments and registrations.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Annual cost of living increase
- Annual review with raise option
- 18 days Paid Time Off
- Employees transition to flexible time off after 5 years with the company. Not accrued, not capped, take time off when you want.
- 4 paid holidays off of your choosing
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 4% company matching 401(k) with no vesting period
- Quarterly "Work Wherever" allowance
- Use to make your remote work wherever set up more comfortable, for continuing education classes, a plant for your desk, coffee for your coworker, a massage for yourself... really, whatever.
- Creative environment where you can make a difference
- No dumb benefits like free dog walking on the weekends that snobby hipster places have to make you feel cool, but mathematically won't cost the company much money because you won't use it.
- Trail Mix Bar --- oh yeah.
- Prepare and file tax returns and quarterly estimates
- Communicate with taxing authorities
- Coordinate annual review of prepared tax work with outside tax firm
- Work with outside auditors on regular basis
- Prepare ancillary tax returns for the company including, annual business licenses, property taxes, and associated compliance for all entities
- Manage audits of federal and state income tax returns and other state and local filings as they arise
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes
- Remain up to date on current federal, state, and local tax practices and changes in tax law that may affect the Company’s tax position and exposures
- Performing, documenting, summarizing, and reviewing research conclusions regarding specific tax issues
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 5 years of relevant, professional experience
- CPA License required
- Excellent working knowledge of general accounting concepts
- Previous professional experience working with tax preparation for business
- Requires strong level of knowledge in federal and state taxation
- Experience with Lacerte a plus
- This position is coded as "Hybrid" which means occasional remote work is available, however, this role will be expected to work in our Post Falls, Idaho office 2-3/days/week.
Why you might like this job:
You love taxes, government forms, numbers and organization. You see taxes as a way to be our difference maker. A way for us to do business better. You love the weeds. You read numbers like a book. You feel 100% confident when you put your brain behind a return because you know you can back it up with disciplined, persistent structuring, and legally correct choices. You won’t let analysis paralysis sink in here.