Corporate Tools in Post Falls, Idaho is searching for a Tax Accountant to join our Finance Department. Our organization has money coming in from around the world. We have filing and registration obligations in every state. We have to plan, research and maintain tax compliance in local, state, federal and worldwide jurisdictions. What we’re saying is, our taxes aren’t easy. And we don’t want to think about taxes. No normal person wants to think about taxes.
But you, you are far from normal. You signed up for the tax rodeo on purpose. You like complicated. You like intricate. People ghost you at parties because you run on and on about indirect taxes and depreciation schedules.
But hey, you’re a numbers person, and we’re not looking for someone to manage a tax team. We’re looking for someone to be solely responsible for managing the tax process across our organization. Not that you’d be the lone tax aficianado at the party. We have a growing group of tax and finance folk here who would actually understand and care about what you have to say, and who need another tax-loving human to help the company develop a smooth tax process and pay as little as possible while staying legally compliant.
This is a M-F, full time salaried position that some remote work is possible. You’ll onboard and train in person, for at least the first 90 days, in Post Falls and continue working in our office with other fine-print loving finance people at least 2-3 days a week.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Annual review with raise option
- 22 days Paid Time Off accrued annually, and 4 holidays
- After 3 years, PTO increases to 29 days. Employees transition to flexible time off after 5 years with the company—not accrued, not capped, take time off when you want
- The 4 holidays are: New Year’s Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 4% company matching 401(k) with no vesting period
- Quarterly "Work Wherever" allowance
- Use to make your remote work wherever set up more comfortable, for continuing education classes, a plant for your desk, coffee for your coworker, a massage for yourself... really, whatever
- Open concept office with friendly coworkers
- Creative environment where you can make a difference
- No dumb benefits like free dog walking on the weekends that snobby hipster places have to make you feel cool, but mathematically won't cost the company much money because you won't use it
- Trail Mix Bar --- oh yeah
- Timely and accurate compliance preparation and filing for all direct and indirect tax requirements of the businesses
- Manage and coordinate associated cash payments and prepayments required for compliance
- Work with the Senior Tax Manager on direct and indirect tax audit processes and communications for all jurisdictions as they arise
- Manage and coordinate annual tax return preparation review with external firm if required
- Prepare various analysis required to build and support tax positions such as R&D credits, depreciation schedules, etc.
- Prepare simple deferred tax provisions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Ensure appropriate internal controls exist and operate for all activities performed
- Maintain accurate and detailed working papers including corresponding support for all activities performed
- Proactively stay current on tax developments that may impact positively or negatively the company's tax positions
- Learn the business; integrate to ensure tax consequences of business activities are understood as part of build process not after the fact
- Support planning and research activities regarding direct and indirect tax scenarios; communicate findings efficiently to non-tax professionals
- Additional ancillary items as required to support overall finance
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or tax related field
- 3 years of relevant, professional experience
- CPA License required
- Junior working knowledge of general accounting concepts
- Previous professional experience working with tax preparation for business
- Requires strong working knowledge in federal and state taxation
- Experience with tax preparation software required, Lacerte is a plus
- Flexible attitude to contribute to the overall success of the business
- Experience utilizing tax research tools such as CCH, BNA or Thomson Reuters
Why you might like this job:
You love taxes, forms, numbers, and organization. But you’re tired of being the underpaid half-hero, half-villain everyone needs but no one wants to deal with. You got into taxes because you want to use your brain. Solve problems. And back up your decisions with disciplined, persistent structuring, and legally correct choices. This is a job where we want you to do just that. Where you can build a career in a place that values detail-oriented, process-focused, government form-loving thinkers.