Senior Tax Accountant
Corporate Tools in Post Falls, Idaho is expanding it’s corporate accounting department and searching for an experienced Senior Tax Accountant to add to the team. You will be responsible for ensuring all things tax related, federal and state, are completed. You will excel at this job if you love taxes and enjoy keeping things organized. You are a self starter and problem solver with strong analytical skills.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Annual cost of living increase
- Annual review with raise option
- 18 days Paid Time Off
- 4 paid holidays off of your choosing
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 4% company matching 401(k) with no vesting period
- Creative environment where you can make a difference
- No dumb benefits like free dog walking on the weekends that snobby hipster places have to make you feel cool, but mathematically won't cost the company much money because you won't use it.
- Trail Mix Bar --- oh yeah.
- Prepare various company federal and state income tax returns, including quarterly estimates and payments, and communication with taxing authorities
- Coordinate annual review of prepared tax work with outside tax firm
- Prepare ancillary tax returns for the company including, annual business licenses, property taxes and associated compliance for all entities
- Manage audits of federal and state income tax returns and other state and local filings as they arise
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes
- Remain up to date on current federal, state, and local tax practices and changes in tax law that may affect the Company’s tax position and exposures
- Performing, documenting, summarizing, and reviewing research conclusions regarding specific tax issues
- Maintain accurate financial records, including but not limited to, balance sheet account reconciliations, documentation of all cash paid for taxes, journal entry support and appropriate detail for ad hoc analysis
- Prepare and record general ledger journal entries
- Additional special projects to support the company as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and a minimum of 5 years of relevant, professional experience
- CPA required
- Excellent working knowledge of general accounting concepts
- Previous professional experience working with tax preparation of partnerships and corporations
- Requires strong level of knowledge in federal and state taxation
- Experience with Lacerte a plus
- Professional experience with spreadsheets required
- Strong attention to detail
- Possess the ability to work independently and solve complex problems.
- Integrity and discretion
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and self motivate to ensure completion of tasks
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and adapt to system or procedural changes as they arise
Why you might like this job:
You love taxes, government forms, numbers and organization. You pride yourself on being meticulous in your work, impeccably organized and have a high level of integrity. You have a deep desire and genuine interest in understanding the core of the business, digging into problems and asking questions to come up with the best solutions for the company. You’ve been searching for a company where you can do what you love to do in an environment that is a little less stale and boring and a little more energy and excitement.