As our Revenue Accountant you will drive our revenue. Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting is the obvious, but reports are worthless if you don’t truly understand them and then make changes to better yourself. As our Revenue Accountant you will not just focus on Accounts Receivables running rampant, you’ll focus on what’s good revenue versus what’s bad revenue. You’ll focus on our renewal rates and what drives them. You’ll focus on the lifetime value of our clients. You’ll deeply know and understand our churn rates. You might need 8 sets of eyes to focus on it all. Or maybe a team of 4 of you. Either way. We got a lot of revenue to account for and we’re looking for highly talented accountants looking for a challenging and rewarding job. This position is coded as “Hybrid” which means occasional remote work is available, however, this role will be expected to work in our Post Falls, Idaho office 2-3/days/week.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Annual cost of living increase
- Annual review with raise option
- 18 days Paid Time Off
- Employees transition to flexible time off after 5 years with the company. Not accrued, not capped, take time off when you want.
- 4 paid holidays off of your choosing
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 4% company matching 401(k) with no vesting period
- Quarterly "Work Wherever" allowance
- Use to make your remote work wherever set up more comfortable, for continuing education classes, a plant for your desk, coffee for your coworker, a massage for yourself... really, whatever.
- Creative environment where you can make a difference
- No dumb benefits like free dog walking on the weekends that snobby hipster places have to make you feel cool, but mathematically won't cost the company much money because you won't use it.
- Trail Mix Bar --- oh yeah.
- Account for and drive receivables
- Drive profit and loss metrics and plans for our revenue verticals
- Regularly report on revenue and what you've done to change the path of our revenue
- All the reports in the world are worthless if you just look at them. Drive change and forward progress
- Current CPA License or equivalent
- Be able to demonstrate previous success running Accounts Receivables departments
- Deep understanding of core accounting principles. Why the money goes where
- Be able to demonstrate previous success within a recurring revenue business model
Why you might like this job:
Here’s the challenge. We got revenue popping up like Whack a Mole. But we don’t understand it and we aren’t managing it. It’s running rampant. So when your revenue is running rampant, you chase it with expenses to keep up. But what if it turns out you chased bad revenue way too hard?? What if that bad revenue never really converted over to good revenue like you thought it did. What if your costs per acquisition from a certain funnel were really high but you thought it was good revenue and renewed well, but it didn’t. What if you were running with hundreds of people and all of a sudden someone wonders… why are we running this way? We have an absurd amount of business clients and we don’t want to grow just to grow anymore. We want to grow smarter and we might really want to slow our growth so we can focus on the right areas. But it starts with understanding our revenue better. That’s the problem we’re trying to solve with you. If that sounds fun, we have a wild opportunity for you.