Corporate Tools in Post Falls, Idaho is growing and we are searching for a highly talented Payroll Specialist to join our Accounting Department. Our ideal candidate must be self-directed, able to work both independently and with a team, exhibit superb attention to detail and have a desire to participate in all areas of Payroll. We are a fast growing organization in multiple states across the nation so we are looking for someone who has experience processing multi-state payroll for over 500 employees. This position is coded as “Hybrid” which means that after initial training and onboarding, occasional remote work is available 1-2 days/week.
Starting $23/hour ---Initial review at 6 months with up to $2/hour raise option
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Annual cost of living increase
- Annual review with raise option
- 22 days Paid Time Off
- After 3 years, PTO increases to 29 days. Employees transition to flexible time off after 5 years with the company—not accrued, not capped, take time off when you want.
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 4% company matching 401(k) with no vesting period
- Quarterly "Work Wherever" allowance
- Use to make your remote work wherever set up more comfortable, for continuing education classes, a plant for your desk, coffee for your coworker, a massage for yourself... really, whatever.
- Open concept office with friendly coworkers
- Creative environment where you can make a difference
- No dumb benefits like free dog walking on the weekends that snobby hipster places have to make you feel cool, but mathematically won't cost the company much money because you won't use it.
- Trail Mix Bar --- oh yeah.
- Own and process multi-state, bi-weekly payroll for 500+ employees and growing
- Administration, review and validation of time card entries and PTO requests
- Investigate and resolve payroll issues and ensure strict compliance with company and regulatory standards
- Provide prompt and courteous customer service to employees with questions related to payroll
- Audit time cards and payroll information for accuracy
- Pay and process workers compensation reports
- Enter new employees into payroll and time system
- Research and set up payroll in new states
- Creates, reviews, and approves pay calculations with respect to all new hires, terminations, pay changes, retro increases, etc as well as any updates to payroll records for tax withholding, benefit deductions and direct deposit changes.
- Manage all employee deductions, both mandatory and voluntary including but not limited to garnishments, child support, and IRS levies
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience processing payroll for a company of 500+ employees
- Previous experience processing multi-state payroll required
- Previous accounting experience/knowledge
- Knowledge of appropriate tax laws, payroll deductions, tax rates and maximum allowances for 401k, FSA, FICA and other withholdings
- Integrity and discretion of utmost importance
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer skills required
- Strong organizational, attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and self motivate to ensure completion of tasks.
- Bonus points for previous experience using Paycor
Why you might like this job:
You love numbers. They always equal what they equal. You have an eagle eye and can recognize discrepancies from a mile away. You pride yourself on a near-zero error rate. You recognize the importance of ensuring payroll accuracy since most of us aren’t independently wealthy and working just for fun.