Corporate Tools in Post Falls, Idaho is looking to add a reliable Assistant Controller to help in overseeing aspects of the accounting and finance functions while also being hands on with the operational needs.
Reporting to the Controller you will be responsible for performing and ensuring completion of accounting and financial activities. You will be forecasting and monitoring the business plan, analyze accounting records, prepare journal entries and reports and monitor financial activities.
$85,000 a year
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Annual cost of living increase
- Annual review with raise option
- 18 days Paid Time Off
- Employees transition to flexible time off after 5 years with the company. Not accrued, not capped, take time off when you want.
- 4 paid holidays off of your choosing
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 4% company matching 401(k) with no vesting period
- Quarterly "Work Wherever" allowance
- Use to make your remote work wherever set up more comfortable, for continuing education classes, a plant for your desk, coffee for your coworker, a massage for yourself... really, whatever.
- Creative environment where you can make a difference
- No dumb benefits like free dog walking on the weekends that snobby hipster places have to make you feel cool, but mathematically won't cost the company much money because you won't use it.
- Trail Mix Bar --- oh yeah.
- Monitor, analyze and audit the day-to-day collection and interpretation of accounting data including balance sheets and accounts payable
- Support the Controller in all financial matters of the organization
- Perform account and bank reconciliations
- Accountable for various state filing fee reconciliation
- Research accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Analyze and report cost variances
- Other accounting duties as requested/required
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, degree in Accounting preferred
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially excel) and accounting software
- Strong technical, analytical and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and self motivate to ensure completion of tasks