Corporate Tools in Post Falls, Idaho, is looking for a highly experienced General Counsel who will be responsible for all legal, regulatory and compliance matters. In this role, you will be responsible for leading, managing and developing an experienced team of lawyers and paralegals as well as driving our company from a legal perspective. You will work on a diverse range of legal issues and projects related to Corporate Tool’s business offerings while providing business-focused legal guidance.
Our expectation is that you dig in to understand the industry we work in and the core of our business to become an active strategic partner in helping the company innovate and expand into new products and markets. The line is fine between using legal intelligence to make a mess of things and using your legal skills to skillfully navigate the real world balance of risk management and making the world turn. We refer to this as using legal to make our lives miserable or using legal to make our lives amazing.
Let’s talk about the title. If you care about the job title you get to put on your LinkedIn, you will be swimming into a cultural tidal wave here with an anchor strapped to your ankle. People find great fulfillment and satisfaction here if the challenge itself is the incentive you’re looking for to be fulfilled. We can provide an amazing alignment if what you’re looking for in a job is tough challenges and a ton of good humans to tackle them with.
While we support regular work from home opportunities, our expectation is that this role works in our Post Falls, Idaho office at least 2-3 days/week. Why? Because we believe it’s important that our leaders are building relationships and collaborating with not just their team but other teams and departments as well.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Annual cost of living increase
- Annual review with raise option
- 22 days Paid Time Off
- After 3 years, PTO increases to 29 days. Employees transition to flexible time off after 5 years with the company—not accrued, not capped, take time off when you want.
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 4% company matching 401(k) with no vesting period
- Quarterly "Work Wherever" allowance
- Use to make your remote work wherever set up more comfortable, for continuing education classes, a plant for your desk, coffee for your coworker, a massage for yourself... really, whatever.
- Open concept office with friendly coworkers
- Creative environment where you can make a difference
- No dumb benefits like free dog walking on the weekends that snobby hipster places have to make you feel cool, but mathematically won't cost the company much money because you won't use it.
- Trail Mix Bar --- oh yeah.
- Help drive the company from the legal perspective working with management and stakeholders to unblock legal hurdles
- Oversight and responsibility on all regulatory matters, contracts, trademark, employment law, corporate governance and policies related to the organization. We do registered agent service, corporate filings, software as a service, and operate physical locations in every state. As the GC, you’d own anything legal in our operation
- Ensure the availability and quality of proficient, timely legal services, processes and systems across the company
- Develop creative, well-reasoned and analyzed solutions satisfying both business and legal interests
- Balance legal risk and business savvy to move forward with decisions that make sense
- Contribute to legal strategy, company priorities and team development
- Manage and oversee all legal activities related to business acquisitions
- Company sponsored CLE’s to keep your law skills sharp
- A Growth Mindset, not a fixed mindset
- You must be able to explain 3 times you screwed something up in your career and what you learned from it
- Experience managing teams of lawyers and legal professionals. Ability to influence, lead change and accomplish goals through collaborative leadership approach
- Law degree and active bar membership in at least one of the following states: Washington, Idaho, Texas, Utah, Delaware, Wyoming
- 15+ years legal experience in relevant and transferable areas of practice; 5+ years General Counsel experience
- Proven experience launching products and advising on the legal and regulatory aspects of product development in the technology space
- Any position that is required to work in office regularly or on occasion must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for the job unless state law prohibits employers from requiring vaccines.
Why you might like this job:
You’d like to build a legal team that knocks any competitor out of the water. You like the action. The chess moves. If it was easy it would be boring to you. The tougher the legal challenge, the move alive you feel. But you want to work 40 hours a week and have a personal life, not have work be number 1. You’re longing for a tough and challenging work week, but not one you take home with you or one that consumes your brain after hours.