Chief Technology Officer
Corporate Tools is looking for an experienced and passionate Chief Technology Officer to manage, lead, and develop our tech staff. We’re looking for someone who has been where we’re needing to go. As such, this position requires someone with a proven track record as a CTO running 200+ onsite and distributed employees.
You will be responsible for aligning company and technical strategy, providing technical leadership and identifying new technologies that deliver cutting-edge products to our clients. You’re right for this position if you have a software development background and expertise that covers architecture, people management, machine learning, developer platforms and software development lifecycles. As CTO, you’ll be expected to coordinate with large subsections of employees, use a diverse skillset to tackle an array of software projects, and lead an experienced technical operations team.
While we support regular work from home opportunities, our expectation is that this role works in our Spokane, Washington office at least 2-3 days/week. Why? Because we believe it’s important that our leaders are building relationships and collaborating with not just their team but other teams and departments as well. Any position that is required to work in office regularly or on occasion must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for the job unless state law prohibits employers from requiring vaccines.
Up to $400,000/year depending on alignment with preferred experience listed below. We aren’t a startup or an investor owned company, so there are no shares or bonus structure as part of the compensation package. Relocation package available.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Annual cost of living increase
- Annual review with raise option
- 22 days Paid Time Off
- After 3 years, PTO increases to 29 days. Employees transition to flexible time off after 5 years with the company—not accrued, not capped, take time off when you want.
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 4% company matching 401(k) with no vesting period
- Quarterly "Work Wherever" allowance
- Use to make your remote work wherever set up more comfortable, for continuing education classes, a plant for your desk, coffee for your coworker, a massage for yourself... really, whatever.
- Creative environment where you can make a difference
- No dumb benefits like free dog walking on the weekends that snobby hipster places have to make you feel cool, but mathematically won't cost the company much money because you won't use it.
- Trail Mix Bar --- oh yeah.
- Be the leader for software, websites, and IT. Define technical strategy to support our business objectives, balancing short and long-term goals and business priorities
- Grow, scale, lead, and manage a high performing tech team
- Effectively run 200-500 onsite and distributed employees
- Provide leadership over alignment and fulfillment of product roadmaps, architecture and UX
- Shape and define the organizations culture, creating a sense of community and value that embrace ongoing learning and professional development
- Ensure all engineering practices adhere to regulatory standards and best practices for privacy and security
- BS/BA in computer science, engineering, or related major or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant professional experience with a minimum of 5 years experience managing tech teams comprising of all technical disciplines
- Previous experience managing the operation of a SaaS and/or e-commerce
- Strong knowledge of information security vulnerabilities, disaster recovery, and risk management
- Strong proficiency in open source technology
- Exceptional leadership, communication and collaboration skills
- Deep, hands on experience with at least one enterprise-level object-oriented programming language
- Preferred Requirement: Previous experience growing a relatively small (50) to relatively large (200+) development team
- Preferred Requirement: Been a CTO before
- Preferred Requirement: Proven experience in microservice architectures
- Preferred Requirement: Demonstrated drive, curiosity and aptitude to identify and master emerging technologies
- Any position that is required to work in office regularly or on occasion must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for the job unless state law prohibits employers from requiring vaccines.
Why you might like this job:
You’ve been a CTO before but instead of the role being focused on developing software solutions that help the customer while mentoring, leading and inspiring your team, you were bogged down by meetings, catering to investor needs and working on how to get the next round of funding. We are family-owned and operated. No debt. No investors. Millions of subscription clients and a medium sized company. We don’t care about building value or growing for the sake of growing. We’re just trying to do good work for our customers and build out a great job for our employees that provides satisfaction, fulfillment and growth. Come join the fun. We promise it will be a wild and rewarding time.