Corporate Tools in Post Falls, Idaho is searching for a Tax Manager to join our Finance department. Your experience ranges from both direct and indirect tax requirements of the business. You will be responsible for skillfully maintaining our local, state, federal, and world wide jurisdictions tax compliance requirements as well as actively lead planning and research activities.
We’re not really big on titles around here. But we know that “Tax Manager” is the title that is most reflective of the type of experience we’re looking for. This position would not be responsible for managing a team but would be solely responsible for managing the tax process across the organization.
This position is coded as “Hybrid” which means after initial training and on-boarding which will take place in office, occasional remote work is available. However, this role will be expected to continue to work in our Post Falls, Idaho office 2-3 days/week.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Annual cost of living increase
- Annual review with raise option
- 22 days Paid Time Off
- After 3 years, PTO increases to 29 days. Employees transition to flexible time off after 5 years with the company—not accrued, not capped, take time off when you want.
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 4% company matching 401(k) with no vesting period
- Quarterly "Work Wherever" allowance
- Use to make your remote work wherever set up more comfortable, for continuing education classes, a plant for your desk, coffee for your coworker, a massage for yourself... really, whatever.
- Creative environment where you can make a difference
- No dumb benefits like free dog walking on the weekends that snobby hipster places have to make you feel cool, but mathematically won't cost the company much money because you won't use it.
- Trail Mix Bar --- oh yeah.
- Timely and accurate compliance preparation and filing for all direct and indirect tax requirements of the businesses
- Manage and coordinate associated cash payments and prepayments required for compliance
- Manage direct and indirect tax audit processes and communications for all jurisdictions as they arise
- Manage and coordinate annual tax return preparation review with external firm if required
- Prepare various analysis required to build and support tax positions such as R&D credits, depreciation schedules, etc.
- Prepare deferred tax provisions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Ensure appropriate internal controls exist and operate for all activities performed
- Create short and long-term tax forecast to support cash management activities
- Maintain accurate and detailed working papers including corresponding support for all activities performed
- Proactively stay current on tax developments that may impact positively or negatively the company's tax positions
- Learn the business; integrate to ensure tax consequences of business activities are understood as part of build process not after the fact
- Lead planning and research activities regarding direct and indirect tax scenarios; communicate findings efficiently to non-tax professionals
- Additional ancillary items as required to support overall finance
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 5 years of relevant, professional experience
- CPA License required
- Excellent working knowledge of general accounting concepts
- Previous professional experience working with tax preparation for business
- Requires strong level of knowledge in federal and state taxation
- Experience with tax preparation software required, Lacerte is a plus
- Flexible attitude to contribute to the overall success of the business
- Experience utilizing tax research tools such as CCH, BNA or Thomson Reuters
- Any position that is required to work in office regularly or on occasion must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for the job unless state law prohibits employers from requiring vaccines.
Why you might like this job:
You love taxes, government forms, numbers and organization. You see taxes as a way to be our difference maker. A way for us to do business better. You love the weeds. You read numbers like a book. You feel 100% confident when you put your brain behind a return because you know you can back it up with disciplined, persistent structuring, and legally correct choices. You won’t let analysis paralysis sink in here.