Senior Tax Manager
We’re looking for a Sr. Tax Manager or something. The title is a little hard to nail, but if the job you seek is meaningful, tough, and fulfilling work, we have the perfect role for you. We operate worldwide and in every state. It’s a lot of tax work and compliance. It’s a complicated structure and complicated problems. We seek someone who has started their career on the public accounting spectrum, and then moved into the corporate side and spent 10+ years being the actual person making the decisions about taxes and compliance.
When we ask you to “tell us about some of your war stories”, you don’t have to think about it and you’re probably already smiling at how you were able to stand up to and outsmart some of those agencies out there. You don’t think of yourself as a desk jockey, but as a smart, savvy corporate tax partner. You want the ball at the end of the game and you’re getting to the goal line even though the other team might be “bigger”, because you are smarter than them.
You’ll be the person here driving the decisions we make tax wise and ultimately a major part of those decisions. We’re not looking for a tax prep person to dump 1000 pages of returns onto a non-tax persons desk and ask for approval. You’ll be a very trusted partner in how we grow and run our corporate structure. We pay a LOT in taxes. We’re looking for someone to help us be as efficient as possible.
This position is coded as “Hybrid” which means after initial training and on-boarding which will take place in office, occasional remote work is available. However, this role will be expected to continue to work in our Post Falls, Idaho office 3-4 days/week.
$250,000/year + relocation package (if necessary)
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Annual review with raise option
- 22 days Paid Time Off accrued annually, and 4 holidays
- After 3 years, PTO increases to 29 days. Employees transition to flexible time off after 5 years with the company—not accrued, not capped, take time off when you want
- The 4 holidays are: New Year’s Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 4% company matching 401(k) with no vesting period
- Quarterly "Work Wherever" allowance
- Use to make your remote work wherever set up more comfortable, for continuing education classes, a plant for your desk, coffee for your coworker, a massage for yourself... really, whatever
- Open concept office with friendly coworkers
- Creative environment where you can make a difference
- No dumb benefits like free dog walking on the weekends that snobby hipster places have to make you feel cool, but mathematically won't cost the company much money because you won't use it
- Trail Mix Bar --- oh yeah
- YOU make the decisions. YOU are the tax expert
- Tax planning and execution through creative means to continue to help our business scale
- Be nimble and quick on your feet when tax changes are coming. Plan for this.
- Think past compliance to be more business minded and street smart when it comes to Corporate and Personal tax stance
- Manage direct and indirect tax audit processes and communications for all jurisdictions as they arise
- Manage and coordinate annual tax return preparation and review
- Be able to speak to non-tax experts and communicate your plan easily
- Avoid analysis paralysis
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting / CPA / CMA / or JD/LLM in Taxation
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant, progressive, professional experience
- Experience being the decision maker in regards to taxes relative to business decisions
- Live in or relocate to the Post Falls, ID area
- Be a good human
Why you might like this job:
You’ve been looking for a high impact job where you can really see the benefits of your work. You can see more employees being hired. Better growth by investment. Better benefits for employees. Higher pay. Or just more profit for the owner and the ability for the owner to buy a really nice new pickup anytime wanted. You love all things business and you love connecting tax and compliance into a meaningful business strategy. You have a natural ability to see the way forward and balance the need for perfect compliance done in a lab vs wise compliance done out in the wild.You went to a lot of school. You like numbers. You like solving problems. You like organization and getting stuff done. You thought being a CPA at a firm would be amazing and then every time you hand someone a bill they are bummed… and you’re like, maybe if I am a partner at a firm and make money off of everyone else and only work on the premium clients I’ll be happier and then you realized, the premium clients are still bummed when you hand them a bill and you hopped online and by chance, you happened to stumble onto the weirdest Sr Tax Manager posting you’ve read and you now feel a little tingle… a little excitement like maybe just maybe Corporate Tools could save your soul and provide a fulfilling career where you have no cap to what you could do with taxes and actually help running a business.